Company is Working Toward Becoming Carbon Neutral by 2035
BLUE BELL, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As a company that prides itself on designing and nurturing landscapes that inspire and enhance communities, developing and deploying environmentally sustainable strategies and solutions is fundamental to what BrightView (NYSE: BV) – the nation’s leading commercial landscaping company – does on Earth Day and every day.
“Our team members not only create and maintain the best landscapes on Earth, but they do so with sustainability top of mind,” said Andrew Masterman, BrightView President and Chief Executive Officer. “Investing in these measures to ensure future generations enjoy a cleaner and greener Earth is core to our beliefs. It’s who we are. It’s how we operate.”
Aligning with its enterprise-wide Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy and as outlined in its 2022 ESG Report, BrightView is committed to minimizing its impact on the planet.
As the landscaping industry’s leader, BrightView’s goal of reducing carbon emissions by 90 percent and becoming carbon neutral by 2035 resides in its five-step approach:
- STEWARDSHIP: Actively engaging with industry partners and suppliers to lead a transformation toward the Company’s environmental goals.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Helping to sequester carbon by continuing to plant trees and through the sustainable design and maintenance of landscapes.
- A CLEANER FLEET: Converting the Company’s fleet of 11,000 vehicles to electric and hybrid alternatives.
- GREENER EQUIPMENT: Rapidly converting approximately 35,000 pieces of 2-cycle gas powered equipment to rechargeable energy sources by 2025, resulting in a greater than 50 percent reduction in BrightView’s carbon footprint.
- EFFICIENT BUILDINGS: Replacing outdated equipment and appliances with energy-efficient alternatives in the 300 properties BrightView currently owns or leases.
BrightView Team Members Celebrate Earth Day
Making a further positive impact in the communities where they live and work, BrightView team members nationwide are marking Earth Day 2022 by participating in local events, enhancement projects, and celebrations, including:
- Cleaning and sprucing up the landscaping at various Boys & Girls Clubs of America locations in Philadelphia
- Planting a tree and releasing lady bugs at a resort in Las Vegas
- Planting and nurturing flower arrangements at a military base in Tucson, Ariz.
- Educating children about the importance of Earth Day at a community celebration in Milpitas, Calif.
- Distributing seasonal flowers, herbs and trees to Florida office park tenants
- Setting up a booth and handing out succulents and educational materials in Thousand Oaks, Calif.
BrightView is the largest provider of commercial landscaping services in the United States. Through its team of approximately 20,000 employees, BrightView provides services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView is the Official Field Consultant to Major League Baseball.
For More Information: