Company’s commitment focuses on expanding green equipment, water conservation, and ecosystem preservation
BLUE BELL, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Committed to creating a greener, more sustainable planet on Earth Day and every day, BrightView (NYSE: BV) – the nation’s leading commercial landscaping company – reaffirms its industry leadership by focusing on three key environmental priorities as it designs and maintains the best landscapes on Earth:
- Greener Fleet: By deploying more battery-powered mowers and hand-held tools, as well as adding electric and hybrid vehicles, BrightView will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and increase use of renewable energy sources. Last year, BrightView invested in over 1,000 new pieces of electric equipment and added 400 hybrid or electric cars and trucks.
- Water Conservation: With many regions experiencing drought conditions and local governments enacting water restrictions, BrightView offers superior irrigation management services to clients, including smart irrigation controllers, turf conversion, and xeriscaping to better ensure water efficiency and conservation. Xeriscaping, a landscaping technique that uses plants appropriate to the local climate, can reduce water use by 60 percent or more.
- Ecosystem Preservation: Every year, BrightView plants tens of thousands of trees, shrubs, and grass as part of its best-in-class landscaping work. In 2022, BrightView partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant 300,000 trees. These plantings help revitalize the ecosystem, while cleaning the air, filtering water, and sequestering carbon.
“As landscaping stewards, operating in an environmentally-friendly manner is the keystone to BrightView’s core business beliefs,” said Andrew Masterman, BrightView President and Chief Executive Officer. “We take great pride in setting the industry standard to ensure future generations benefit from our responsible way of how we serve our customers and communities where we live, work and play.”
Learn more about BrightView’s Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) goals and strategy in its 2023 ESG Report.
Every Day is Earth Day at BrightView
This Earth Day, and throughout the year, BrightView team members nationwide will volunteer their time and participate in enhancement projects and local events to make a positive impact in their communities, including:
- Renovating and rejuvenating community centers’ gardens and flower beds
- Cleaning up and revitalizing cemeteries and public spaces
- Planting trees, building pollinator boxes, and releasing ladybugs
- Distributing educational materials and flower seeds at client locations
BrightView (NYSE: BV), the nation’s largest commercial landscaper, proudly designs, creates, and maintains the best landscapes on Earth and provides the most efficient and comprehensive snow and ice removal services. With a dependable service commitment, BrightView brings brilliant landscapes to life at premier properties across the United States, including business parks and corporate offices, homeowners' associations, healthcare facilities, educational institutions, retail centers, resorts and theme parks, municipalities, golf courses, and sports venues. BrightView also serves as the Official Field Consultant to Major League Baseball. Through industry-leading best practices and sustainable solutions, BrightView is invested in taking care of our team members, engaging our clients, inspiring our communities, and preserving our planet. Visit www.BrightView.com and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the federal securities laws. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, including statements relating to BrightView’s goals and commitments in its ESG framework, plans made with respect thereto, and any expectations relating to ESG matters are forward-looking statements. The words such as “outlook,” “guidance,” “projects,” “continues,” “goals,” “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “intends,” “plans,” “estimates,” or “anticipates,” or the negative version of these words or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. By their nature, forward-looking statements: speak only as of the date they are made; are not statements of historical fact or guarantees of future performance; and are subject to risks, uncertainties, assumptions, or changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict or quantify. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected include, but are not limited to: the Company’s inability to meet ESG goals in projected timeframes, or at all; the inability to satisfactorily meet evolving standards, regulations and disclosure requirements related to ESG; and changes in laws or regulations. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found under “Item 1A. Risk Factors” in our Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2022 as such factors may be updated from time to time in our periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which are accessible on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. Any forward-looking statement made in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it was made. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
Source: BrightView Landscapes
e riproduzione totale o parziale in qualunque formato degli articoli presenti sul sito.